Whether you are in a relationship, lovin’ the single life or ‘its complicated’; Valentines Day is a social occasion for all. When working toward a health, fitness and beauty goal, any social occasion can seem daunting – don’t let this Valentines Day be that occasion. Rather than compromise your goals or become a loveless recluse, read our guide to showing your body some love this Valentines Day.
Tradition is overrated; whomever you are spending it with Valentines Day doesn’t have to mean a 3-course meal, copious amounts of alcohol and feeling guilty as a result. In fact large amounts of heavy food and alcohol will actually have a detrimental effect on any romantic intentions you have, keep that in mind when tempted.
Try our first-rate date ideas to score big in both your health and romance goals.
- SPB– Stand up paddle boarding is not only fun and great for the core; it is also a great excuse for you to show off some skin. All of that giggling and bare skin will have those romantic hormones pumping by the time day turns to night.
- Kayaking– As with SPB, kayaking is a great way to get a sneaky core workout in while having lots of fun. Sharing a double kayak It is also a great way to get nice and close to your date.
- Walk – A long walk in nature is great for every part of your body and mind. It can also be very romantic and insightful if you are with your man, a great way to avoid awkward silences if with someone new, and it can give you and your girlies a chance to chat away to your hearts content. A perfect date for every relationship.
- Camping – Want to make a weekend out of it? Camping is one of the best ways to reconnect with partners/friends, as well as with your own body and mind – no TV, no computers, just you, your chosen V-day companion/s and the great outdoors. If your intentions are romantic bring just the 1 sleeping bag…
- Theme Park – Remember how much fun you had there as a kid?? Believe it or not, it can be just as much fun as an adult. Running between rides and releasing endorphins will do wonders for your body, and mind. Just make sure you avoid those hotdogs and jumbo colas.
- A picnic – Pack a basket, grab a rug and head to the beach, the park or settle in for a romantic carpet picnic. Wherever you do it, a picnic is the perfect safe date. You have complete control over what you put in to the picnic basket, and your mouth! My fave inclusions: vegetable crudités, clever chips ‘n’ dips, perfectly packed pizza, and a couple of different salads. Finish with some fresh berries (feeding to each other optional) and voila – picnic heaven.
- Romantic meal for 2 (or 3 or 4) – If you want to go more traditional it can still be done. The great news is that a lot of the best ‘romantic meal’ foods not only have great aphrodisiac properties but are also packed full of nourishment. Do it over breakfast, lunch or dinner with these nutrient dense aphrodisiac recipesI put together especially for the big day.
- Massage – No explanation needed here. Simply grab pre-blended massage oil, or check out our top 5 essential oils for massage.