- Fingers and toes – it is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat. Your fingernails and toenails will be wiped down at the end of your spray tan, and it prevents your nails from staining the nails. A spray tan will not have any negative impact on Acrylic or gel nails.
- Brows – Threading and waxing of eyebrows and lips should be done prior to your tan. And any tinting is best done a couple of days before, too. The tint in eyebrow tint works by opening up the hair, allowing colour to stain it. If you have your spray tan while the hair is open in this way you are guaranteed orange brows!
- Lashes – Eyelash extensions are best done in advance of your tan. They can be applied the same day, as long as it is before your spray tan. The tape that is used in the application process of lashes will remove the tan if it is done following.
- Boobs – DO NOT put your bra back on immediately after your tan and avoid sports bras in particular. If you do need to wear a bra before your initial shower, hook your bra to the loosest setting.
- Skin – try not to touch your skin after your tan has been applied. Touching your skin will see the insides of your hands turn that icky orange colour. Palms of hands are not supposed to come in contact with the spray tan solution.
- Pee’ing – when washing your hands post pee, wash only the insides of your hands while the spray tan is developing. The best way to do it is with hand sanitizer or a cleansing wipe.
- Water – be careful around water while your spray tan is developing, this includes doing the dishes, cleaning your teeth, doing laundry. Water can splash on to the tan and remove it from your skin so if you can – steer clear.
- Sleeping – if you are sleeping in your tan, cover your hands with cotton gloves or socks while you sleep. This will prevent the spray tan from transferring to your hands while you’re sleeping.