Foods impact on the body is huge – inside and out. Food is energy. We need to put food in to the body to power the body, just as a car needs fuel. What we choose as fuel determines the quality of power the body gives us – quality fuel = quality power. It should come as no surprise then, when I tell you quality food works miracles from the outside too. So far we have proven the brilliance of the avocado and discovered why Extra Virgin Olive Oil is referred to as liquid gold. This week I will be exploring natures very own multivitamin – the egg:
Nicknamed nature’s multivitamin, the egg is a true super food.
Nourish from within:
- Reduce the risk of age related eye conditions with the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, contained in egg.
- Increase lean muscle mass with eggs essential amino acid profile.
- Improve memory by nourishing your brain with the choline nutrient found in egg.
- Bread – Yes, you can make bread from eggs! Egg bread is fantastic as a nutrient packed alternative. Check out my favourite recipe here: http://fitterlondon.co.uk/food/brunch-loaf/
- Snack – A boiled egg is a quick, simple, satisfying snack. Add paprika and other spices for a kick.
- Add – Add an egg to stir-fries, soups, curries and other dishes for a great texture and flavour.
Treating the outside:
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and contain all of the essential amino acids required to replenish and repair our skin. The zinc found in eggs makes them especially beneficial for treating acne and pimple prone skin.
Body mask – Clear a spotty back in time for bikini season.
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
Whisk the egg whites and fresh lemon juice in a clean mixing bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy then mix in the honey. Once mixed to an even consistency apply immediately to a clean back. Relax for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. Follow with your chosen moisturiser.