Traditional fries aren’t something we recommend, at any time. That’s why I created this healthy alternative. Fries for breakfast anyone?
Feeds: 2 – 4
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- ½ a butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1tsp thyme
- ½ tsp. rosemary
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin in to shapes that resemble fries.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl and stir through the herbs.
- Add the raw pumpkin fries to the bowl and use your hands to toss them in the coconut oil and herb mixture, ensure they all get a good coating.
- Line an ovenproof dish with baking paper and place the fries so that they are evenly spaced in the dish. The trick is to not let them overlap.
- Sprinkle with salt and cook in the oven for 20-30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the baking paper.
- Serve and remember to share 😉
Top tip: Mix up your herbs. Try this recipe with cinnamon for a sweeter flavour, paprika for a kick, anything goes! And yes you can still eat them at any ‘thyme’.