When it comes to getting your glow right, prepping and caring for your skin pre and post tan are essential to achieving optimal results.
- Exfoliate and moisturise your skin 24 – 48 hours before your appointment. Concentrate on any particularly dry areas such as elbows, ankles and knees. To achieve the very best results, book with us for a pre-tan exfoliation treatment in advance of your tan appointment.
- Complete any hair removal 24 hours in advance of your tan. To achieve the very best results, book with us for a pre-tan hair removal treatment in advance of your tan appointment.
- Please avoid moisturising your skin on the day of your spray tan; this will act as a barrier to the tan.
- On the day of your appointment, shower using water only. Soaps and body wash can leave a barrier on your skin and prevent the tan from developing to its perfect bronze potential.
- Refrain from wearing make up, perfume, deodorant or jewellery at the time of your spray tan.
- What you wear to tan is completely up to you. We encourage you to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in, whether that be the disposable G-string we provide, your lingerie, bikini or your birthday suit!
- Among the many benefits of your spray tan treatment being performed in the luxury of your own home is the ease in which you can dress, or not dress following your tan. It is recommended that you wear loose dark clothing, no bra and no shoes following your spray tan. This is far easier to do in the comfort of your own home with no transition from the salon.
- We will choose the best tan to work for you, your lifestyle and your tanning goals. Depending on the tan choice, you will need to leave the tan to develop for 2 – 8 hours before showering.
- Don’t use any products in the first post tan shower i.e. no soap, body wash or shampoo, just clean flowing water is best.
- Following your post tan shower pat the skin dry rather than rub.
- Avoid exercising while your tan is developing. You can return to exercise following your post tan shower.
- DHA (the natural ingredient used in our tans) can continue to work with the skin for up to 24 hours after application. Therefore, we recommend you allow 24 hours for your tan to reach its full bronzed potential. This means if you are bronzing for a special event it is best to do so 48 hours (2 days) prior to the event.
Keep the glow
If you follow the above guide as you transition from bare to bronzed, your tan will naturally maintain well. To master maintenance further:
- Avoid hair removal, swimming in heavily chlorinated water and long soaks in the bath in the days following your spray tan.
- Continue to pat skin, rather than rub skin dry following showering.
- Moisturise your skin twice daily with a rich moisturiser following your spray tan.
- Cease exfoliation until your tan has faded and then gently exfoliate the skin every 3 days to maintain an even fade.
For those delicate flowers with sensitive skin, we recommend a patch test in advance.
Still got questions? We’d love to answer them, contact us.