I adopted this delicious recipe as a favourite from the wonder women over at bottoms up! Fitness. If it is good enough for Popeye, it’s good enough for us!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 packets of frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- Spices/herbs of choice (The BUF girls love garlic and chili, we love nutmeg)
- Pepper & salt to taste
- Once your spinach has thawed out, squeeze all the water out of it – this is kinda fun.
- Lightly beat the egg with a fork, then pour over your spinach and combine well (hands work best)
- Add herbs/spices/pepper/salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to about 180-200 degrees Celsius, then line or grease a shallow baking dish and press mixture into the bottom of it
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve immediately or freeze to store.
Top tip: Place the spinach in a colander over a large dish and leave to thaw overnight. The excess water will drip in to the bowl and there will be less to squeeze out of the spinach, meaning the bread will be in your tummy even quicker!