This side dish tastes so naughty it’s hard to believe it’s oh so good for you!
Feeds: 2 – 4
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. coconut cream
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Pinch Himalayan salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Place the garlic, skin on, in the oven and roast for 10 minutes at 120 degrees, place to one side to cool.
- Chop the cauliflower in to small pieces and steam for around 15 minutes or until soft. While this is steaming pre-heat the grill to a medium – high setting.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and while it is still very hot pop the garlic from its skin in to the bowl, add the ghee, ¾ of the nutritional yeast flakes, salt pepper and coconut cream.
- Use a potato masher to mash all of the ingredients together, well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top evenly with the remainder of the nutritional yeast flakes, place under the grill for 5 minutes or until nutritional yeast flakes brown.
- Remove from the grill, top with fresh parsley and serve.
Top tip: Depending on your taste buds add herbs and spices to your mash. We love garlic and chilli.
You must be logged in to post a comment.