At a time of avoiding ALL sugars and artificial sweetness, I found myself caught in the grips of a serious chocolate craving. The kind that only a hormonal woman knows – yes, that really bad kind! And so, with no sugars or sweeteners these truly blissful bliss balls were born.
Feeds: Makes 8-10 balls
Cooking Time: NA
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 tbsp natural rice protein powder (We love Sunwarrior http://www.sunwarrior.com.au/)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 50g coconut oil
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Zest 1 orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Lay out two sheets of baking paper; coat one with 4 tbsp of the sesame seeds and the other with 3 tbsp of the raw cacao powder
- Combine all of the other ingredients except for the cinnamon and coconut oil in a clean bowl
- Once well combined; stir the melted coconut oil to the dry mixture until it becomes a sticky consistency (alternatively you can use a food processor if you own one)
- Use your (clean) hands to roll small handfuls of this mixture in to small ball shapes
- Immediately roll each of these small balls through the sesame seeds and then raw cacao powder to coat
- As you do this, place each complete ball on to a plate
- When all of the mixture has been used and you have a plate full of balls, sprinkle your them with cinnamon and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days (if you can make them last that long :)).
Top tip: If you drink alcohol and won’t be sharing these with small humans, add a tbsp of dark rum in to the mixture. They taste just like naughty rum balls – yum!