Even if your baby / babies are still very small, creating a time capsule is something super fun to do. Include photos of the whole family – you can have a lot of fun taking them. Gather cards from new born days / early birthdays, silly gifts that you have no need to keep but can’t bear to throw out (great de-cluttering tool, too). If your little ones are old enough, record them giving them grown selves a message – the possibilities are endless.
Here are just a few more ideas:
- Newspaper front pages with major headlines / A current gossip mag
- School report cards / achievement certificates
- A fave toy that won’t be missed
- A television/movie guide
- Record of current heights and weights of kids
- Money / current stamps
Take lots of photographs and include them, good ones to have are:
- Your town / suburb / fave local areas and hangouts
- Your car
- Anything that you think is likely to change
- Interior and exterior shots of your home
- Photos of you and the fam in current favourite clothes
- Holiday / fun-time photos
Also get family members to write a message or letter for the future i.e. don’t let silly boys / girls break your heart 😉 or devise a series of questions and record some family member interviews – looking back on these will be particularly fun!