Feeds: makes 6 muffins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1/4 Butternut pumpkin, baked until nearly cooked
- 1 Egg
- 60g Almond or hazelnut meal
- 30g Tapioca flour
- 35g Coconut oil
- Handful pepitas
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Pinch baking powder
- Splash coconut milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the pumpkin in to small squares, removing any skin.
- Add the pumpkin and all other ingredients except for the pepitas to a food processor. Blitz until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pepitas to the smooth mixture and stir through.
- Grease 6 muffin cases with a little coconut oil and spoon equal amounts of the mixture in to each muffin mould.
- Leave to cook for 20 – 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve immediately or store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Top tip:This is a great breakfast or snack option for those busy days. Have a batch in the fridge and you won’t even be tempted by that sugary, coffee shop, no good for you muffin!