Natures very own multivitamin features in both our food and treatment treatment recipes this week, with good reason.
The egg will nourish from within by:
- Reducing the risk of age related eye conditions due to the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which are contained in high quantities in eggs.
- Increasing lean muscle mass with its essential amino acid profile.
- Improving your memory by feeding your brain with the choline nutrient found in it.
The best way to get those nutrients in:
- Snack on them – A boiled egg is a quick, simple, satisfying snack. Add paprika and other spices for a kick or wrap them in a lettuce leaf with some additional raw veggies.
- Add them in – Add an egg to stir-fries, soups, curries and other dishes for a great texture and flavour.
- The old fashioned omelette is one of the easiest, quickest, simplest meals you can make. Our fave omelettes contain a mix of good fats, vegetables and proteins, try these combos with a big side salad for a quick, easy lunch or dinner this week:
- Pumpkin, pine nuts, lamb
- Prawns, green capsicum, ginger, chili and coconut
- Brocollini, almonds and nutmeg
Want to read even more on why their nickname is so well deserved? Check out: http://eggs.org.au/