Unlike most bread, my eggy bread is a packed full of nourishing goodies.
Feeds: makes 1 loaf
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 12 Organic free-range egg
- 150g Smoked salmon
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tsp dill
- Pinch baking powder
- Pinch of rock salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees; line a loaf tin with baking paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs well in a large mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the smoked salmon and cherry tomatoes and add to the egg mixture along with the dill, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture in to the loaf tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the loaf is cooked through (you can check this by inserting a clean knife in to the centre of the loaf; if it is clean when you remove it, it’s cooked)!
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the loaf has cooled, use a large, sharp bread knife to slice the loaf in to slices.
- You can store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze in bundles of 2 slices to store for a great go to breakkie.
- Toast the bread before serving and enjoy as it is, or spread with ghee, avocado or coconut oil to serve.
Top tip: Experiment with different combos. We also love basil, free range organic bacon and tomatoes – mmmm.
You must be logged in to post a comment.