This dish feels like a cheeky cheat meal. In reality it is clean, nourishing and will satisfy both your angelic side and your cheeky side.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
For the fajitas
- Cos or iceberg lettuce cups
- 2 lean chicken breasts, sliced in to strips
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ green capsicum, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced finely
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Tsp. coconut oil
For the guacamole
- 250g frozen peas, steamed and cooled
- 1 ripe avocado
- olive oil
- Himalayan Salt and cracked black pepper
For the salsa
- 3 large tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- olive oil
- Handful fresh parsley
I make the guacamole and salsa in advance and leave in the fridge while I cook the chicken.
For the guacamole and salsa
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend. Ensure that you don’t blend for too long because you want your guacamole to have a lumpy texture.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate
- Wash out the food processor / blender and repeat the above process with the salsa ingredients.
For the chicken
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Add the chicken, onions, capsicum and spices to the pan, stirring to combine as it cooks through.
- Serve with the lettuce cups and condiments.
Top tip: If you like your fajitas spicy, you can add chilli to the mix in both the chicken and the salsa.