I love a macaroon! So I had to come up with this mean, super clean version to nurture that love. I am so glad I did.
Feeds: Makes 10 – 11 macaroons
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca flour
- 2 Eggs, whites only
- 20g Coconut oil, melted
- 20g Raw cacao powder
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Combine the shredded coconut, tapioca flour, vanilla and salt
- Whisk the egg whites until they become stiff
- Fold the dry ingredients in to the egg whites followed by 1/2 of the coconut oil
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease with a little coconut oil
- Dollop 10 – 11 tablespoon’s of the mixture on to the paper to form the macaroons
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes
- While the macaroons are cooking combine the 2nd half of the coconut oil with the cacao powder and mix to a runny consistency.
- Remove macaroons from the oven and allow to cool before drizzling with the cacao and coconut mixture to decorate.
Top tip: For extra sweetness, try adding a small amount of stevia to both components. You can also play with adding flavours, such as:
Lemon – add zest and juice of half a lemon to the mixture
Lime – add zest and juice of half a lime to the mixture
Winter spice – add a pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg
You must be logged in to post a comment.