This is my ultimate go to when I want something quick, easy and 100% delish.
Cooking time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 200g squid
- 1 tsp. chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp. crushed chili
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 20g unhulled tahini
- Juice half a lime
For the squid
- Cut the squid in to strips, rings or thin pieces, depending on the cut that you have
- Combine sesame seeds, tapioca flour, chinese 5 spice, and salt and pepper. Spread this mixture over a plate or dish
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg
- Place the cut squid pieces in to the bowl with the egg and coat thoroughly
- Remove the egg coated squid pieces 1 by one and place them in to the flour and spice mixture, coat well
- Heat 1 tbsp of the coconut oil in a fry or wok on a medium-hot heat
- Piece by piece, add the squid to the hot oil and allow to fry until they turn to a golden colour, removing each piece as it turns to avoid over cooking.
For the dressing
- Melt the second tbsp. of coconut oil
- In a glass jar combine the melted coconut oil with the the tahini, lime juice, chili and a pinch of salt
- Place the lid on the jar and shake well to create a runny consistency
Serve the squid on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce drizzled with the dressing.