I am a sucker for anything fried – bad, but true. I created this recipe to allow me to indulge and gain the benefits of some super foods at the same time. It’s a win, win.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Red capsicum
- 8 Nori seaweed sheets
- 2 Eggs
- Tapioca flour (around a cup)
- Sesame seeds (around a cup)
- Handful Fresh coriander, chopped
- Handful fresh mint, chopped
- Tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Organic Tamari for serving
- In a large, clean bowl whisk the eggs and place to one side
- Scatter the tapioca flour and sesame seeds on to a clean tray and mix to combine, sit the tray next to the bowl with the whisked eggs
- Slice the veggies in to thin strips
- Lay the seaweed sheets out on to a clean, dry, flat surface
- Line the vegetables evenly on the seaweed sheets, add a sprinkle of the fresh herbs and roll. Seal the sheet with a little of the egg mixture (paint on with a basting brush)
- Heat a little of the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- One by one submerse the seaweed rolls in to the egg mixture followed immediately by rolling in the flour and sesame seed mixture to coat with a generous amount of the mixture.
- Place the coated seaweed roll in to the pan with the hot oil and fry for a 2-4 minutes until the flour coating browns.
- Repeat this process for each of the rolls
- As you remove each roll from the pan, place it on to a plate lined with kitchen towel. This will absorb any excess oil.
- Allow to cool a little and serve immediately with tamari for dipping, or leave in the fridge and serve cold at a later time
Try mixing up the filling for your rolls. I had great success with brussel sprouts – get inventive!
You must be logged in to post a comment.