It is for a variety of reasons that we often recommend our clients cut coffee for a period of time to help accelerate their results. It’s a controversial topic and you can choose from a huge range of online articles to read more about it. This one from our fellow experts at IQS is a great write up about both the pro’s and con’s.
On this occasion, we are opting out of joining the debate with our views and instead want to share some of the fun stuff – the alternatives you can play with! If you have been advised to cut coffee from your diet, give our favourites a go. We have listed one for each day of the week!:
- Dandelion – this tastes like coffee and is the best replacement if replicating flavour is what you are after. Add coconut or almond milk if you are a latte lover, and try a teaspoon of raw cacao powder if Mocha is what gives you your mojo.
- Licorice – a real favourite here at Her Master Plan. This tea is super sweet and stops sugar cravings in their tracks.
- Peppermint – great for digestion and really refreshing. If you are a coffee after dinner kinda gal try replacing it with a peppermint tea. Not only does it taste great and get rid of any after dinner bloat but unlike coffee it also freshens the breath – date night anyone??
- Camomile – Not only does this tea taste fantastic but it also relieves stress and anxiety, relieves menstrual cramps and helps you recover more quickly from a cold. It really is win win.
- Chai – We are talking the good stuff, not the sugary powder or syrup kind. The real thing tastes a hell of a lot nicer and has many health benefits; as well as being a real warm, spicy, comforting treat. Try a chai tea latte with almond milk – yummmmm.
- Rooibos – This South African tea is not only super light and refreshing, it is jam packed full of antioxidants and a plethora of beneficial minerals. Drink it with a slice of lemon or add milk for an alternative pick me up.
- Green – Everyone knows green tea is a powerhouse of pure goodness, right? If you didn’t, you do now. The benefits of green tea are incredible, not to mention it can help accelerate fat loss. Brew the green goodness at 80 degrees for the perfect cuppa.
Our top tips for tea:
Haven’t got the time to go searching the isles for the best? Let us help you by sharing our top tea picks:
T2 is a great place to try before you buy. They offer tastings as you browse the shop floor, and if you ask really nicely they will give you samples to take home! We can not walk away from this place without one of their Chai’s, mmmmmm.
The tea centre is like the candy shop of teas. Be careful, you can get lost in there for hours. The list of flavours is never ending and we can not leave without at least one of their rooibos blends in one hand and a camomile in the other.
Penelope Sach Organic Tea is so special, we love it. It is like our Birthday and Christmas all at once when we treat ourselves to her green tea.
Bonvit is our go to for dandelion. We have tried our fair share and this little gem, that can be found in the supermarket isles is still our fave.