We know foods impact on the body is huge. During the wholefood for the whole body journey, we continue to prove how powerful many foods can be when used on both the inside and outside of the body. This week it is all about every woman’s favourite food – chocolate! The raw, unprocessed form of chocolate is raw cacao. It is a true superfood offering a long list of wonderfully beneficial properties for the body, and mind.
Nourish from within:
- Maintain a healthy heart with the essential heart healthy monosaturated fats contained in raw cacao.
- Aid muscle recovery and restful sleep by benefiting from the magnesium packed chocolate hit.
- Reduce the signs of aging with the antioxidants found in raw cacao.
- Get romantic. They say the way to his heart is through his stomach. Our taste explosion, red hot chocolate love bites will certainly spice things up!
- Knock that craving on the head. What woman doesn’t suffer with the occasional overwhelming chocolate craving? These cravings are often our body telling us that we are in need of some of the many nourishing vitamins and minerals in the raw version of chocolate – raw cacao. Don’t ignore your body; grab a handful of raw cacao nibs as a satisfying chocolate hit that will put those cravings to rest.
- Celebrate a holiday. When you are doing your best to smash those heath goals, special occasions can be tough. With Easter just around the corner there is no reason for you to feel as if you are missing out with our Extraordinary Easter egg!
Here at HMP we use raw cacao in many the form of powder and nibs in many of our sweet recipes. See more of them, here.
Treating the outside:
With its antioxidant powers, cacao is not just the perfect choice for nourishing the body from within. It is also a great, natural choice to work magic from the outside too!
Raw cacao scrub.
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 cup coconut oil
Mix the ingredients together, well. Apply liberally to the skin using upward circular, motions, always in the direction of the heart. Work with the mixture for as long as you feel you need to (longer for a dryer skin). Rinse well and follow with your usual moisturiser for glowing, smooth skin and a feeling of revitalization.
Raw cacao is a true powerhouse! Too much of a good thing can cause side effects and cause an adverse reaction in some people.