The moreish social snack can be extremely dangerous when it comes to your clean eating resolutions. Wow your social circle with our danger-free re-vamp.
Cooking Time: 8-12 hours
For the chips:
- 1 whole beetroot
- 1 whole swede
- Coconut oil spray
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Turn your oven on to its lowest possible heat setting, if you have a fan oven turn the fan on. You are aiming to dehydrate rather than cook the veggies.
- Slice the beetroot and swede very thinly; this is done best with a mandolin.
- Line a shallow oven dish with baking paper and spray to finely cover with the coconut oil. Lay the sliced vegetables on the baking paper without overlapping, sprinkle with the salt and place in the oven.
- Leave for 8 – 12 hours; turning the chips occasionally (every 2 hours or so).
- Remove from the oven and serve.
For the dip:
Spicy chilli and basil dip
- 40g Pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Handful fresh basil
- Pinch rock salt
- ½ Red chilli chopped
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor / blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve along side the chips.
Top tip: Play around with the veggies you use. The above also works really well using pumpkin, parsnip and sweet potato!
One thought on “Clever chips ‘n’ dips”