- Dandelion – this tastes like coffee and is the best replacement if you are keen to reduce your coffee intake. I recommend you stick to just one coffee a day, ideally in the morning and pre workout (read why, here)> Dandelion is a great caffeine free alternative to coffee. Add coconut or almond milk if you are a latte lover, and try adding a teaspoon of raw cacao powder if Mocha is what gives you your mojo.
- Liquorice – a real favourite of mine. This tea is super sweet and stops sugar cravings dead in their tracks.
- Peppermint – great for digestion and really refreshing. If you are a coffee after dinner kinda gal try replacing it with a peppermint tea. Not only does it taste great and get rid of any after dinner bloat but unlike coffee it also freshens the breath – date night anyone??
- Camomile – Not only does this tea taste fantastic but it also relieves stress and anxiety, relieves menstrual cramps and helps you recover more quickly from a cold. It really is win win.
- Chai – I am talking the good stuff, not the sugary powder or syrup kind. The real thing tastes a hell of a lot nicer and has many health benefits; as well as being a real warm, spicy, comforting treat. Try a chai tea latte with almond milk – yummmmm.
- Rooibos – This South African tea is not only super light and refreshing, it is jam packed full of antioxidants and a plethora of beneficial minerals. Drink it with a slice of lemon or add milk for a pick me up.
- Green – Everyone knows green tea is a powerhouse of pure goodness, right? If you didn’t, you do now. The benefits of green tea are incredible, not to mention it can help accelerate fat loss. Brew the green goodness at 80 degrees for the perfect cuppa.
- Lemon – This one you don’t even need tea bags for! Just grab a slice of fresh lemon, cover it in hot water and voila you have the perfect detoxifying tea cup of love. A great way to start your day.
My top tips for tea:
I am sure being the busy mum you are, you haven’t got the time to go searching the isles for the best? Let me help you:
T2 is a great place to try before you buy. They offer tastings as you browse the shop floor, and if you ask really nicely they will give you samples to take home! I can not walk away from this place without one of their Chai’s, mmmmmm.
Pukka herbs offer a huge range of really interesting flavours. I simply can’t go past the liquorice and peppermint – be gone chocolate cravings.
The tea centre is like the candy shop of teas. Be careful, you can get lost in there for hours. The list of flavours is never ending and I can not leave without at least one of their rooibos blends in one hand and a camomile in the other.
Penelope Sach Organic Tea is so special, I love it! It is like my Birthday and Christmas all at once when I treat myself to her green tea.
Bonvit is my go to for dandelion. I have tried my fair share and this little gem, that can be found in the supermarket isles is still my fave.